Denon 2800 MkII Oddness

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by riprip, Jan 17, 2003.

1. riprip

riprip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've had my Denon for about a month now and I am super uber-happy with it. Although I bought it purely for DVd playback, i thought I'd run a couple of CDs through it to see the difference between it and my CD player.

CD skips really, really badly. Cleaned the CD. No change. Tried another CD. Still skips. Tried a DVD. Absolutely perfect picture and sound. Insert another CD - skips.

Now if this isn't confusing enough, i discover that if i leave the Cd merrily skipping for about 15 mins, it starts to play perfectly. I am now officially Mr Perplexed.

What I'd like to know is - should I take this player back? Should I need to let it 'warm up' before trying to play a CD? I've looked at other problems people have had regarding the 2800 mkII - particulary all the stuff re the Seven R1 disc, which my Denon plays perfectly with no picture flaws whatsoever. This is what makes me reluctant to take it back - in every other respect it's perfect and I'm probably not going to play that many CDs on it. But is it a symptom of a bigger problem?

Any ideas?

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    weird! i would take it back because its not doing what 'it says on the tin' and it may be a sign of more fundamental problems.

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    definitely take it back...it should play CD's as faultlessly as DVD's

4. riprip

riprip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is what I thought....guess I'll take it back. Thanks for the advice.