1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2800 Mk11

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dblake, Jan 17, 2004.

1. dblake

dblake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a similar problem? I have a Philips £150 player for the kids and a Denon 2800mk11 for the living room. I have a Denon 1803 amp underneath the DVD and a Sky Plus box on top. After about 20mins of play, the DVD stops playing - and then starts again. This is continuous and very annoying!! It's been back to Denon for repair. Whilst there, I used the Philips player and this started doing the same thing!! Before this, I never experienced problems with the Philips before.

Got the Denon back today, and exactly the same problem.

Any guesses. Could it be the Sky Box??

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

2. msrx7mh3

msrx7mh3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Apologies if this is mentioning the obvious, but this sounds like a classic case of inadequate ventilation - build-up of heat from both the amp & the decoder box above.

Assuming you have not tried already, but try placing the dvd player in an adequately ventilated environment and watch your favourite movie...

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy a proper AV rack, it'll improve the preformance and solve your problem.
    You shouldn't just stack 'em.