1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2800 Mk II DVD Player vs HCPC?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by typing00, Oct 1, 2004.

1. typing00

typing00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello there

I recently purchased a Denon 2800 Mk II DVD player and was connecting it via scart to an Epson TW10 Projector. Out of curiosity I hooked the projector up to my PC (which happened to be using a Radeon 9600) and am very impressed by the picture quality. Do you think if I purchased a component cable to hook up the dvd player with the projector the image will be equal to HCPC?

Many thanks.

2. Embarker

Embarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    A decent HTPC should be better than a standard DVD player even via component, due to the fact that all the "scaling" of the DVD image with a HTPC is done in the digital domain.

It depends if it is wife friendly enough.

rgds

Dave

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    going component won't improve things : stick with VGA or DVI if you have it.

There are pros and cons with using a PC for playback (look on here for some of the more popular discussion topics). I'm firmly in the PC camp myself but use a standalone player into a capture card through Dscaler for badly mastered discs or video originated material.

Standalone progressive players perform their deinterlace without going to an intermediate analogue stage. Potential reasons why a PC can be better are , non-standard refresh and resolution settings and possibly more sophisticated colour correction , powerful cpus and graphics cards have the potential for more sophisticated deinterlacing and scaling techniques as well as other post processing filters.