1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2800 in glorious black and white

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by drewsaq, Jan 6, 2002.

1. drewsaq

drewsaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! I purchased a multi-region 2800 4 weeks ago, plugged it in to my Sony KVS 34inch TV via the SVideo lead into AVS2. After putting on a pal disc all I got was a black and white picture!! After many hours of messing about with different cables (scart, SVideo, phono) got nowhere. I discovered whilst playing a pal region 2 disc if I selected NTSC output on the remote control it would play in colour but needless to say that the picture quality was terrible. The player was sent back to the shop after convincing myself it was at fault. To their credit the shop sent me another one by return of post. Plugged it in - same problem! I took it to a mates house and tried his TV and all was fine. This was now pointing to a problem with my TV. What do I have to do to get this thing to work properly! I tried selecting RGB output, I connected the QED scart lead to RGB input and success a colour picture in pal - but the picture is rolling all over the place. So here's my dilema:
    1) RBG output to RBG input = pal picture in colour (picture rolls).
    2) SVideo output to SVideo input = black and white picture.
    3) Normal video output to normal video input = black and white picture.
    For God's Sake, somebody help me.
    Tel: 07747 693615

2. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1)can your tv take s-video via scart

2) rgb rolling very possible the sync between tv & dvd

3) can your tv take ntsc format pictures

3. drewsaq

drewsaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the answer to your questions are yes yes and yes.How would you cure the sinc problem,some times the picture stops rolling but then constantly shimmers and by the way could you record mp3 music on to your minidisc recorder

4. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yes i can record mp3 via digital in optical & from pc out on digital optical out

have you try your mate dvd player on your tv to check your scart are working plus has your dvd denon2800 ever work on your tv

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    u need 2 use the a/v input on your tv that accepts an ntsc picture. does it look like there are 3 images simultaneously, either rolling up or down like the vertical hold is out ? that's because ntsc is 500 lines and pal is 625, and your tv isn't able to resolve the picture.