Denon 2800 for £400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fabryuk, Jan 15, 2002.

1. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very tempting to buy for that price. Saw it in a website, is second hand, but MR, RCE compatible. I bought Tosh 210 recently. But due to upgrade to Denon 3802, very tempting to change as well

Questions are :

1. Do u think I should change my Tosh
    2. and why, what is the benefit?
    3. Any bad comment about denon
    4. How much do u think I could get for my tosh in auction (MR)

Must resist my temptation:devil:

2. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a projector with component input go for the Denon. Really good picture with progressive Scan enabled.
    I dont know about your Tosh but the Denon plays cdr/rw ,mp3, vcd,Svcd and mpeg 2 movie files from cd-r up to a bitrate of appr 5000 kb/s

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know how much you paid for your tosh but they're about £169 full RCE de-regioned etc, so not much more than a ton I would say.

The upgrade to the denon would depend on your display device. If its a 32" telly then you may not notice the improvement. It will also depend on if your display device can accept a progressive scan (or even a component signal). Again the kick in quality is only noticeable if you have the kit to take advantage.

4. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For personal reason, (my wife):( , I don't think I can convince her to get another upgrade. For those who are interested, is Paul Cavellar trying to sell it. As far as I know, it is in excellent condition, email Paul for more info.

Sorry Paul