Denon 2700h with two large speakers, what audyssey settings do I use?

HuskerDu25

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a denon 2700h , and 2 large r820f klipsch speakers

I mostly listen to vinyl via phono and Spotify for music listening.

I ran the auddyssey calibration and noticed that it thinks my speakers are 11 feet apart when I’m duct they are more like 7 feet apart.

When listening to music I’m trying to figure out if turning off all the multi eq/dynamic eq etc.. is worth it.

What settings should I be using for the auddyssey section as I find the bass is kinda lacking at times but it does sound better in off/flat as opposed to reference.

ANY help/advice would be appreciated!

For analogue sources you should use direct or pure direct so there is no ADC then DAC going on.

Auto setup for distance will be accurate as it may be more than actual due to sound waves
Probably want crossover around 60hz or so in home theatre mode

As for room eq I can't answer that as I don't use it plus each system is different

For analogue sources you should use direct or pure direct so there is no ADC then DAC going on.

Auto setup for distance will be accurate as it may be more than actual due to sound waves
Probably want crossover around 60hz or so in home theatre mode

As for room eq I can't answer that as I don't use it plus each system is different

Thank you for responding! So for vinyl I should turn everything off basically yes? That’s what direct means?

Yeah conversion will degrade sound quality,.so don't use it for tape/vinyl etc

Pure direct is the most cleanest signal.

If you are using the Denon as a stereo only amp for music then unfortunately you have made the wrong choice. The best way to use it for music is Direct or Pure Direct. This will give the minimum interference from the internals that is at all possible. If you have a sub connected then those two options will by-pass the bass management and not use the sub.

The majority of AV amps are poor for music and Denon is no exception and I speak as a fairly high end Denon owner. For a music only scenario you would be far better using an integrated stereo amp rather than a multi channel amp.

If you are using the Denon as a stereo only amp for music then unfortunately you have made the wrong choice. The best way to use it for music is Direct or Pure Direct. This will give the minimum interference from the internals that is at all possible. If you have a sub connected then those two options will by-pass the bass management and not use the sub.

The majority of AV amps are poor for music and Denon is no exception and I speak as a fairly high end Denon owner. For a music only scenario you would be far better using an integrated stereo amp rather than a multi channel amp.

I appreciate the answer. I also use my
Denon for gaming with my ps5, watching movies, and cable tv hence why I opted for a multi channel setup

Can I ask what the difference is between direct and pure direct?

And for vinyl AND Spotify listening I should turn off all auddyssey settings?

I appreciate the answer. I also use my
Denon for gaming with my ps5, watching movies, and cable tv hence why I opted for a multi channel setup

Can I ask what the difference is between direct and pure direct?

And for vinyl AND Spotify listening I should turn off all auddyssey settings?
Direct will leave the front fascia display illuminated. Pure Direct will turn that off further cutting down on any likely electrical interference. Using either will also treat your speakers as being full range rather than the crossovers and settings used when setting up for surround sound using Audyssey.

Direct will leave the front fascia display illuminated. Pure Direct will turn that off further cutting down on any likely electrical interference. Using either will also treat your speakers as being full range rather than the crossovers and settings used when setting up for surround sound using Audyssey.

So that’s what the pure button does, thanks so much!!

Room correction, bass managment, video scaling, osd, front panel, tone controls, ADC is disabled.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom