Denon 2600h only showing multi-channel PCM as audio source

coops375

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My setup is currently the following PC > AVR > TV

I'm struggling to get windows to pass through DTS/DTS:X or anything else other than multi-channel PCM.

I generally use Plex/VLC to play movies and neither seem to pass the audio correctly.

Last night I purchased microsoft.com/en-gb/p/hevc-video-extensions/9nmzlz57r3t7 for £0.79 as I thought it was worth a shot, and it works when playing files through the windows movie player.

So the AVR now displays the audio format it's receiving vs. multi-channel PCM, but only when playing files with the windows movie player.

Any ideas as to why no other windows 10 app seems to send the correct audio to the AVR?

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

You've enabled bitstreaming in those applications?

It's not enabled by default because it requires the application to take exclusive control of the audio device which will block every other application and the system from emitting sounds over that channel - if you're not decompressing the audio stream you can't mix in sounds from other applications.

Thanks. I've just changed the setting in VLC to pass all audio via HDMI and that works great now. I thought the 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' in sound properties would have done this by default.

I still need to find the same settings in PLEX.

Thanks again :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom