Denon 2600H 5.1 Upgrade Speakers?

hamd01

With the increased home-time happening right now, I have decided to pull the trigger on a new Amp, and have bought the Denon 2600H. (upgradding from a Denon AR1713). the main purposes is because the existing amp kept switching itself off, and I wanted 4k.

My current setup is 5.1 online, although I spent a lot of money on the Monitor speakers and Im not looking to change them. I have 2 fronts, a sub, two rears and a front centre.

Obviously I understand the 2600H can handle more speakers.

I just wondered if there is an speakers I could add fairly cheaply to get the best out of the amp? My room isnt suitable for side speakers, but could potentially get a centre rear speaker mounted, or some ceiling speakers.

Would love to hear anyones thoughts?

Dasiz

you don't tend to have rear central speakers.. adding ceiling speakers for atmos will certainly work.
What are your current speakers and sub?

hamd01

you don't tend to have rear central speakers.. adding ceiling speakers for atmos will certainly work.
What are your current speakers and sub?

I have Monitor Vector 10s at the front and rear (so 4 of them), plus a large centre and a sub. I cant dig out the model of the centre and sub owing to some pretty tight wiring.

I was looking at the user guide here; Connecting 7.1-channel speakers AVR-X2600H

Looking at that guide, I can see a one of options would be to either add front height speakers ABOVE my current front l and front r. This would certainly be my prefered option from a point of ease, but not sure if it would improve the experience.

Edit: Front middle is a Monitor Vector 20. Sub is a Monitor MRW 10

Last edited:

mjbtin

Budget?
You could get a couple of atmos ceiling speakers and if you want to keep your existing speakers upgrade the sub to something like a BK subwoofer.

Martin

hamd01

Would getting two more Monitor 10s and mounting them above my existing ones high up be worthwhile? Or would I need to get actual ceiling speakers?

EDIT: No budget really...was just looking if there may be a quick cheap solution to add a couple of speakers to get ATMOS.

Last edited:

mjbtin

Yes that would work having them high up and angled downwards.
Quite a few members use the CA minx as height speakers for atmos if you want something a bit smaller.

gibbsy

Another vote for the CA Minx as they are so light they can be fixed to the ceiling for a good 5.1.2 Atmos set up. They could also be used high on the front wall as well.

hamd01

Cool, gonna order a couple of minx. Any recommended brackets for wall mounting those?

mjbtin

RS sell the brackets for the minx.

hamd01

Would the MIN11s be suitable?

gibbsy

Yep.:smashin:

hamd01

Cool found some min 11s on ebay, with brackets for £70 the pair. Thanks for your help guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom