1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pacha, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Pacha

Pacha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm considering upgrading from a Sony DVPNS700 to a Denon 2200 player to connect to my Hitachi 42PD3000 in order to use the progressive scan capability of the screen. Does anyone have experience of this. My other (cheaper) option is the Sony 930.
    Can anyone offer any experienced views?

Cheers

2. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have a Denon 2900 and the same plasma and to be honest you wont see much of a difference between progressive and interlaced due to the Hitachi being an alis screen. This has been much discussed ie. alis screens and progressive scan. I keep looking to see where the differences are in various titles but I can't see it. Great picture quality anyway though!

3. Pacha

Pacha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for response. When you say PQ is good, what are you comparing to? What i'm getting at is this, will I see an improvement if I upgrade my player? Also, doesn't motion across the screen become smoother with prog scan?

Cheers

4. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    What I am saying is that I have tried various scenes on dvds and switched between interlaced and progressive on the Denon and although I have looked very hard I have not been able to see much of a difference that I could definitely say progressive is showing me a better image. The Denon outputs an excellent image on the Hitachi, far superior to my admittably elderly Tosh 100e (and so it should for the money). Obviously I dont know what sort of pq your Sony is giving you but it has been well documented in the forums that alis screens do not give you a massive improvement using progressive scan over interlaced.
    If you buy a new player just for the progressive scan you may not see much of an improvement but then again you might depending on what your present player is giving you. Hope this makes sense as I am just off to bed having been up for the last 30 hours!