Denon 2200 Picture Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Petey, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Just got a denon 2200 for xmas, stunningly good player in my opinion. However I've noticed a re-occurring problem. If the player has been in use for a while and is then turned off using the off button on the remote, so its in standbye, when the player is turned on again from being in standbye the image is really bright. Blacks are no longer black, they are really bright grey, its like when the brightness is maxed out on a tv. The only way to cure this seems to be to turn the player off using the button on the front of the machine for about 5 secs then turning it on again.

Does anyone else have this problem. My player is multi region, don't know if this has anything to do with it. Also this only happens with AV1 output is set to RGB.

Please help.

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'm sure i have read of this prob before.
    Not sure if it was on here or maybe somewhere else..........might be worth doing a search.........might not of evern been the 2200, but another Denon player.
    I'm sure the outcome was, replacement (defective player).
    I've had the 2200 for a couple of weeks now and i power it down with the remote, into stand by and when i turn it back on, which has been everyday since i got it, i have no probs.

3. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the reply, done a search and found a article about RGB scart problem with maxed out contrast.

I think it'll be back to sevenoaks hifi for a replacement.