Denon 2200 or Denon1400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aldavies, Oct 17, 2004.

1. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a dvd player with good cd playback quality. I have read that both these players are good for this, but is there any benefit in the extra expense for a 2200? I appreciate good dvd playback, but my main priority is cd quality. I want to get a reasonable av amp too, possibly the new denon avr770sd. I know it would be better to get a separate cd player, but space is a problem.Any advice would be appreciated. Also, are there any alternative dvd players which fit the bill?

2. kraal

kraal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have one 2200 and i can say that it play very good, very nice dacs.

3. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you that my friend has the DVD-1400 and it is superb with CD playback. It even has a direct stereo mode which cancels all video circuitry (enabling the best stereo performance possible). Picture quality is also very good for a £400 DVD player.

Actually I was browsing eBay earlier and I think there is still a 1400 on there at the minute - and if I remember correctly its brand new and very cheap. (And no, it's not my friends - haha).

4. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,

I have just recently purchased a 2200 and can confirm that it is a fantastic machine for picture and sound quality :D .

Best of all you can get a black or gold one from superfi.co.uk for only £299.95 (I had their last silver one, but it cost me £399, doh!), making it cheaper than the 1400.

You had better get a move on though as the 2200 has been replaced by the 2910 at around £480-£500 which unless you need hdmi/dvi is probably not worth the extra

5. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will probably go for the dvd 1400 because of the price and I would like a silver one, so the superfi one is no good (shame!!). If anyone hears of any other silver 2200's going cheap, can you let me know. Thanks