Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon 2200 or Denon1400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aldavies, Oct 17, 2004.

1. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a dvd player with good cd playback quality. I have read that both these players are good for this, but is there any benefit in the extra expense for a 2200? I appreciate good dvd playback, but my main priority is cd quality. I want to get a reasonable av amp too, possibly the new denon avr770sd. I know it would be better to get a separate cd player, but space is a problem.Any advice would be appreciated. Also, are there any alternative dvd players which fit the bill?

2. kraal

kraal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have one 2200 and i can say that it play very good, very nice dacs.

3. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you that my friend has the DVD-1400 and it is superb with CD playback. It even has a direct stereo mode which cancels all video circuitry (enabling the best stereo performance possible). Picture quality is also very good for a £400 DVD player.

Actually I was browsing eBay earlier and I think there is still a 1400 on there at the minute - and if I remember correctly its brand new and very cheap. (And no, it's not my friends - haha).

4. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,

I have just recently purchased a 2200 and can confirm that it is a fantastic machine for picture and sound quality :D .

Best of all you can get a black or gold one from superfi.co.uk for only £299.95 (I had their last silver one, but it cost me £399, doh!), making it cheaper than the 1400.

You had better get a move on though as the 2200 has been replaced by the 2910 at around £480-£500 which unless you need hdmi/dvi is probably not worth the extra

5. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will probably go for the dvd 1400 because of the price and I would like a silver one, so the superfi one is no good (shame!!). If anyone hears of any other silver 2200's going cheap, can you let me know. Thanks