1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2200 DVD problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Phaedrus, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have the 2200 as well. But...it has trouble loading or playing portions of some dvds...here are some:

The fullscreen option on "Top Gun"...plays the widescreen option just fine, but not the fullscreen option.

I have 2disc set of "First Blood"...it won't play the fullscreen disc of the two.

And...the player doesn't seem to like to widescreen option in "Bug's Life" either.

Anyone else experience this? Is it perhaps the firmware issue? Boy, I hope it's that simple.

Phaedrus (Ontario, Canada)

2. xbiggy

xbiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had my 2200 for 5 days now on its way back to the shop. when it did want to play a disc the picture quality was good but it didnt want to play more than it did.main problem was with dvd-rs my pioneer that it was replacing would play all of them fine but the denon,some would start others wouldnt those that would started to have playback probs after 1 hour of the film.i was told that this is due to me using a pc to burn the discs as the pioneer is built around pc architecture and the denon isnt!!!
    so if u use a pc to burn then my advice is go for something else.

3. Chrisw2k

Chrisw2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have tested R1 Bug's (2 disc) and both the widescreen and fullscreen options work without any problems on my 2200 (couple of months old so don't know if it has a newer firmware)