Denon 2105 Surround speaker connection

R

RGibran

Referring to the manual for the Denon AVR-2105, page 65 entitled "Optimum surround sound for different sources" explaining the optimum speaker setup for the two types of multi channel signals, ie. movie and audio,...information contained in the box at the bottom of the page states:

"The AVR-2105 is equipped the function of surround speakers selection that makes it possible to change the settings according to the combination of surround speakers being used and the surrounding enviroment in order to achieve the ideal surround sound for all sources. This means that you can connect a pair of bipolar or dipolar surround speakers (mounted on either side of thr prime listening position) as well as a seperate pair of direct radiating (monopolar) speakers placed at the rear corners of the listening room".

This statement seems to imply that if set up this way one could select between use of the side or rear surround speakers to obtain the optimum surround sound for the source being played, so my question is: WHAT AND WHERE IS THIS FUNCTION REFERRED TO LOCATED, and do the speakers have to be connected to the AVR-2105 in a special fashion? Or simply.....when listening to audio only SACD or DVD-A through the EXT IN mode, how could one turn off the side surrounds and play only through the rear surrounds, or vice versa when listening to movie soundtracks through the auto mode?

Since the manual makes a special note/remark about this I assume it must be there but I'll be damned if I can figure it out! If it is in fact there, could you please walk me through the procedure?

Thanks,

Robert

Must be an error in the manual as what it's referring to is Surround A and/or B speaker switching. The 2105 doesn't have this feature. It's found on the 2805/3805 and above models. These models have binding posts specifically for different Surround Speakers and you can select which ones you want to use or you can use both at the same time.

The 2105 does have Front A and/or B speaker switching though.

Guess the best I can do without upgrading would be to use a speaker switch box off of the single pair of surround binding posts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom