1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1sr

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by patmyhead, Apr 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi is the denon on sale yet I carnt find anyone with stock never mind best price
    P@ :rolleyes:

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    Expected in the UK during May I believe.

Mark

3. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is sold in Germany from approx £2,200 inc VAT and delivery (to the UK).

We in the UK are honoured with price tag of £3,000 for the same as the widely held marketing mantra says the we prefer to buy local and would pay more for the priviledge.

4. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're gonna compare, at least have the decency to compare apples to apples. Sure, the list price in the UK is just under 3 grand, but I can assure you the list in Germany is not £2.2k.

The A1SR can easily be had for a lot less even in the UK if you're going to the right place and put some pressure on the salesclerk.

5. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would be quite pleased to find a UK shop willing to sell A1SR anywhere close to £2,200. But so far German retailer is the only one offering at that price and the only thing I had to do is ask. Maybe I should even 'put some pressure'.

If you know of any shop in UK willing to sell them cheaper please share it.

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    FYI:

List price in Germany: EUR4700

Street price in Taiwan: TWD99000 (that's GBP2000) - on sale right now

Should I .... ? :rolleyes:

7. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Go on!!!!:D

8. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can purchase from www.medischeckpoint.de for about £2300 including delivery and insurance. This is the total landed cost and this is what your local dealer needs to equal or beat (however, if your local dealer quoted £2400 or £2500 you might be better off dealing with him)

If you import from outside the EU and you live in the UK you will pay duty (I don't know the rate) then you will pay 17.5% VAT on top of the accumulated price (unit cost + carriage + duty) and the courier will also charge Customs Clearance fees. I would suggest that the final cost would be about £2800 ... there is really no decision to be made here.

9. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Also, what about the warranty – or lack of it. If it goes wrong you'll have to either send it back to Germany or pay Hayden Labs to put it right.

Mark

10. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone thought of driving to Germany and just buying one, putting it in the boot and driving it back?

Got to cost no more than £100 including petrol !?!

Just an idea.

Regards

Nathan

Hey, might sell my upgrade 1SE and do it myself

11. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you live in the UK this is an important issue and you have to balance the risk against the savings. If there was only £200 to £300 in the difference the local dealer might be the best option.

That is not really an issue for people such as myself who are based in Ireland for the following reasons:
    There is no local dealer (according to Denon ... Richersounds is the local distributor but they were unwilling to source my requirements).
    Another source quoted Euro 7000 for the Denon SR1 ... at this price it would be a better option to buy a spare one from Germany in case the first one broke down.
    Courier charges to Germany are not expensive (I could also fly over with it ).

12. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a fairly sensible idea, however I am not sure that the SR offers a huge advantage over the upgraded SE.

13. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really,but having the svideo up converter would be a god send to simplify my set/ interface with scaler.

Had a look at the Denon website for Germany. Come on UK, yours is definately in last place here. They have pic of the sub DSP board, front and back views of 1SR, DVD A1. And loads of pdf Only prob is there all in German.

Was not happy to see that the dvd 3800 does not support the denon digital link. Looks like this port will be vacant for a while on my upgrade 1SE.

Nathan

14. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    I orderd a projector from hificomponents in Germany they had my cash on 23 March as they dont take credit cards
    this item was in stock according to their web site to cut a long story short i cancelled last week as i got fed up with next week
    next week
    price was very good but not worth the hassle i have reorderd from uk with delivery tomorow cost about £200 more but at least i will have some thing to play with
    I have mailed medischeckpoint who do take c cards & are denon agents they get amp to order the charge about £150 more than hificomponents but at least they have been honest with me
    If a fault develops it has to be sent back to Germany where Medischeck do repairs
    I tried to get price match but they wouldent budge
    PAT :rolleyes:

15. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    price from medischeckpoint is

3791euro deliverd about ~£2312 a good price or what
    P@ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I must admit that I believe that mediacheckpoint are a bit more honest. I got a lower quote from hificomponents for the AVC-1SR (about Euro 2000 less) but they gave the impression that the unit was available from stock while mediacheckpoint made it very clear that the unit would not be available until sometime in May.

17. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which is why I decided to wait for it rather than get an upgraded unit.

18. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    Just been advised that availability is now end May, early June in the UK :(

Mark

19. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just picked up my new A1SR (Black) from Musical Images yesterday and it sounds fantastic. Even though we are in the process of moving I had to connect it up of course (to the wifes dismay) and it really is a huge step forward from my current Yamaha AX1 setup - of course, the addition of rear centre channel helped a lot also.

Only problem now is that the sound is a lot bigger than the screen - can't wait to get moved and the Barco installed :)

20. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear the good news ... why did you go for black?

I pre-ordered mine (from Germany) about 4 weeks ago and was not really expecting to see it until the end of this month. As you managed to get one I am now hoping to see mine sooner rather than later.

21. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I was going for the gold/champagne colored unit - until I got a phonecall asking if I wanted the black unit now, or wait a few more days (possibly longer) for the gold one. Took a couple hours to think about it, and well, decided in the end to grab the black one whilst I could. There's a mix of colors on the rest of my boxes anyway so wont really make much of a difference.

And the black A1SR looks really good actually :)

22. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi if you dont mind me asking did you pay for amp ?
    I was thinking of Germany but have had my fingers burnt there with hifi components who still havent refunded my dosh
    P@

23. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't give up on Germany just yet ... I have ordered from Mediacheckpoint (slightly more expensive than Hificomponents) and I will let you know how they are to deal with ... I have already received one order from them and there was no problem.

24. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hard to say as I spent rather a large sum of money all together (new speakers and bits'n'pieces as well) but I think the amp itself came to around £2500, well worth it in my book. And the video upconverting (which is a new feature for me as an old Yamaha bod) is just great. No more having umpteen monitor connections - just a single component, and everything gets routed through that. Fantastic :)

25. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased from MediaCheckpoint in Germany and the unit arrived today. I have not had time to evaluate it yet.