Denon 1939

Darkstar_surfer

I have seen an add for a Denon 1930 DVD player and I thought they were not relesed yet. Is this a pre order or are they out now. I plan to phone tomorrow to check as the price seemed very good at £240.

hornz

Novice Member
I've been looking around for the xx30 models recently and all appear to be pre-orders with a 30 day estimate.

By the way, the thread title says 1939 :p

Darkstar_surfer

I don’t think I can edit a title.

Is £240 a good price for the 1930. I was just about to upgrade my DVD from a Pioneer 575A and quite fancy a Denon but am a bit worried they have rushed the 1930 out to fill the gap left by short supply of the 1920.

Barzo

According to Denon, the 1930 is due mid-late September. Their website will be updated 'shortly'. :D

Don't think the 1930 will be a stop gap player. The 1920 has been around a far while, so was due to be replaced.

hornz

Novice Member
I'm not sure if £240 is a good price, but I agree with Barzo re. the 'life' of the player.

Spookyville

Barzo said:
According to Denon, the 1930 is due mid-late September. Their website will be updated 'shortly'. :D

Don't think the 1930 will be a stop gap player. The 1920 has been around a far while, so was due to be replaced.
I spoke to Denon directly a couple of weeks ago about the supply shortage of the 1920 and they stated they were bringing forward the release of the 1930 from the original planned date. so you can guarantee corners will be cut somewhere...

Darkstar_surfer

With all the HD-DVD guy's raving about the quality their US bought players brings to their SD playback and the imminent launch of HD in the UK. Is the new range of Denon’s going to be a must have, or will Toshiba sweep them away.

My thoughts is the lower priced units, like the 1939, will fair well with a price tag less than half of the Toshiba’s, £499. The higher priced 2930 and 3930 may not fair so well. It may be compatibility options like I-link and SACD that keep them alive.

jensK

Novice Member
I agree with Darkstar Surfer. The 1930 is going to be safe for next couple of month, but the 2930 and 3930 will have a hard time against the 499£ Toshiba HD-A1. Since the prices for the Denon 2930 and 3930 are likely to be higher than the previously were they should retail for 650£ -850£ just in he middle between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray player. I am looking forward to demo a Denon against the HD-DVD and Blu ray player coming out in Sept/Oct. :D

Exciting time.