denon 1930 woes

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Daytripper, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Daytripper

Daytripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

A couple of months ago i bought a nice new dvd-1930 and very pleased with it i was too, but it now has developed a fault with the drive tray mechanism.
    for example it has completely shut down of its own accord after refusing to read a disc and i could only get it going again after unplugging it and reseating the fuse in the plug, it has begun to refuse to load discs and will sometimes, completely at random, stop playing a dvd and the screen freezes this is accompanied by bizarre noises ( whirring popping) coming from the drive bay.
    I have checked the quality of my dvds and all seem to be ok thinking that this might be the problem, but it is now happening on some brand new discs.
    Has any body else had any similar problems with this player??

Regrads DT

2. japper_uk

japper_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi DT,

Ive not had the problems you are having, but after just 4 days the player has done my head in. Purchased for its rave reviews to replace a non hdmi pioneer 565A. Lip synch, poor layer change, built in a biscuit tin.. i thought i had left all these faults behind way back in 1999. Ill be calling up the supplier tomorrow and seeing if i can get a refund or replacement before any other suprises like you are having come along. Can you seek a replacement?

3. Daytripper

Daytripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Japper,

I,m going for a repair first and if it still gives me problems then i,ll go for a replacement.
    I too went for this player after reading good reviews so at the moment am a little peeved:mad:

Regs DT