denon 1930 (again) with tosh 32wlt66 - newbie question!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by japper_uk, Dec 24, 2006.

1. japper_uk

japper_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Happy christmas to you all!

Had a few quid spare from a house move last week and purchased the denon 1930 and tosh 32wlt66 from peter tyson and john lewis a few days ago.

I have connected the two using a qed qunex hdmi cable. There are no amps involved for sound processing.

Im finding the freeview quality outstanding, however the dvd output seems to be lacking compared to the previous loewe mimo and pioneer 565A using scart.

ignoring the tv for the time, can anybody point me to how i should have the denon set up for correct hdmi output? what should the hdmi output be -480/576p? 720p? 1080? 1080p? or off?

and also.. looks like im back to the days of my pioneer 505 in the late 90's with lip synch problems on some disks!! again, any help would be appreciated!!!

thank you!

John

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    As per the Toshiba instructions 1080i, also make sure the DVD aspect ratio is set to 16:9 (it should be)

3. pete00

pete00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm probably wrong... I usually am... But somebody did tell me it was best to turn the upscaling off as the TV often did it for you.

4. japper_uk

japper_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have gone through all the hdmi settings which doesnt make any change to the dvds with lip sync probs. Took the hdmi out and used scart - guess what - lip sync still there.

But at least im happy now with output at 1080i as put MI3 in again, and looks outstanding - and no lip sync..

5. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    Can you just clarify what your meaning please?
    When using scart,do you have a problem with lip synch,and when watching MI3,was the lip synch perfect?
    This is what i think your meaning,but the way its written it means the opposite,so i just want to make sure.

Also,are your lip synch problems confined to certain discs?

6. kb33

kb33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The Denon 1920 was notorious for bad lip sync, maybe they've not fixed it on the 1930? I use a 1906 and adjust the lip sync on that. I use 720p on mine , gives a smoother picture as opposed to 1080i .
    HTH

7. japper_uk

japper_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, a couple of disks but the reference ive been using id the phantom menace. lip sync throughout all outputs hdmi and problem followed onto scart. The disk had previously been perfect on the loewe / pioneer setup. MI3 is fine with no problems with lip sync, likewise superman returns. Will leave give peter tyson a call when xmas over to see what they suggest as its driving me mad!! i thought i had left the lip sync issues back in 1999.. !

8. japper_uk

japper_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    settled on 780p output.. however!! this player has the worst layer change ive seen for a while, picture froze for around a 2nd. So its a call to peter tyson tomorrow to arrange an exchange (i hope!)

9. londonguy1973

londonguy1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    hmmm ive been looking to get this player. Dissapointed to hear about problems. Not sure i will get it now.