Denon 1920 problem

B

bluecupra

Hello,

Yesterday i bought an Denon 1920 DVD player. The image quality at 720p is really amazing. The only problem is that when i want to change disk the dvd player shuts it's self off. I have to disconnect the mains, wait 10 seconds and put the power back on. When i change the HDMI setting to 480 (570p) there's no problem. When the movie is playing and i press the HDMI button to 720p or 1080i the image is shown. Wy can't the DVD player just play it from the beginning instead of having to select HDMI mode every time you switch movie,...

Jeffrey

p.s.

The DVD player is connected to an Hitachi 42PD7200

I don't have that problem, HDMI setting at 720p. No problem changing discs, no shutting down, hdmi stays active, even after power off

wodir said:
I don't have that problem, HDMI setting at 720p. No problem changing discs, no shutting down, hdmi stays active, even after power off

Also nearly every disc i put in the player suffers from juttering or even stops playing... What could be the cause of this problem. Looks like an faulty DVD player :mad:

Jeffrey

Today i have taken the player back to the store where i bought it. They tested it and found it to be ok. They supplied me with another one wich works fine. Both problems i had are gone now. Watched Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan tonight. Absolutely fabulous picture on my Hitachi 7200.

For the money i think you can't find an better player :thumbsup:

Jeffrey

I've also got my Denon 1920 DVD player (multi-region) connected to my Hitachi 42PD7200 via HDMI and so far have not experienced any problems. The picture via 720p is sublime! The contrast level have improved considerably via HDMI, compared to my old Toshiba 520E via component, and that is saying something for the Hitachi 42PD7200.

The DENON 1920 with HITACHI 42PD7200 is an awesome combination, for the money.

i have just bought the above mentioned dvd player and now have hdmi to hdmi leads connected to my toshiba 32wl56 but after watching first dvd i am a bit disappointed with picture any help in changing the appropriate settings for both would be welcome, the denon book comes packed with info but i need to know i have set it up properly. regards

Have you had a decent picture on your display before you hooked up your Denon?

On my player I have selected, HDMI select YCbCR, HDMI Pic Enhanced, TV Aspect 16:9 WIDE,
Bright = 0 , Cont = +2, Color = 0 , Gamma = +2, Sharp = 0, Brightness = 0.

Also on my plasma I have spent days tweaking the settings, everything is perfect to my eyes and living room environment.
Remember, settings are done according to your viewing environment.

Eomer said:
I've also got my Denon 1920 DVD player (multi-region) connected to my Hitachi 42PD7200 via HDMI and so far have not experienced any problems. The picture via 720p is sublime! The contrast level have improved considerably via HDMI, compared to my old Toshiba 520E via component, and that is saying something for the Hitachi 42PD7200.

The DENON 1920 with HITACHI 42PD7200 is an awesome combination, for the money.

Hello,

Have you bought your player region free or did you do it yourself?

Jeffrey

I had to wait an extra 2 weeks for them to modify it for multi-region. They were waiting for a disk to come out and I had a choice of either getting the player earlier for region 2 only or wait until they've performed the upgrade.

Eomer said:
I had to wait an extra 2 weeks for them to modify it for multi-region. They were waiting for a disk to come out and I had a choice of either getting the player earlier for region 2 only or wait until they've performed the upgrade.

Have you got the disc witch they used to make it region free? Or did they do it for you?

Jeffrey

Hi all. I have a Denon 1920 ordered and I also would like to know how to make region free. Eomer what kind of disc is the one you said you used?? Can you also hack the Denon 1920 through a remote control code for example?? Thanks!

Anyone know where you can find the manual for this online? V.interested, if only because it could replace both Panny s97 and Pioneer 575 with one box, hopefully providing the strengths of both (excellent HDMI upscaling a la Panny s97, and DIVX and SACD/DVD-A playback like the 575).

bought it from petertyson.co.uk and it came last week multi region ready as most of my discs are region 1 and i do get a very good picture with my lcd.

Barzo said:
Anyone know where you can find the manual for this online? V.interested, if only because it could replace both Panny s97 and Pioneer 575 with one box, hopefully providing the strengths of both (excellent HDMI upscaling a la Panny s97, and DIVX and SACD/DVD-A playback like the 575).

www.denon.com

crossy said:
bought it from petertyson.co.uk and it came last week multi region ready as most of my discs are region 1 and i do get a very good picture with my lcd.
hmm,

I bought mine from petertyson but was told that they hadn't had the multiregion firmware from Denon yet but would send me an update cd when they got it in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else in a similar position?

Got mine done by AVLand. Not sure about remote hack though.
But then I could have saved £50 by purchasing it from Peter tyson! :mad:

butlerpeter said:
hmm,

I bought mine from petertyson but was told that they hadn't had the multiregion firmware from Denon yet but would send me an update cd when they got it in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else in a similar position?

Me too, spoke to Peter Tyson last Wednesday and was told it should arrive this week.

hillster said:
Me too, spoke to Peter Tyson last Wednesday and was told it should arrive this week.
Ah, good stuff.

Might give them a ring today or tomorrow and see if there's any update.

Well I did just phone PeterTyson and they said they've had the firmware arrive today so are in the process of copying and mailing out the discs.

So the update should arrive in the next few days or so for those that are waiting.

When the disc arrives could you maybe post in somewhere on the Internet?

That would make me and alot of other people very happy :clap: :thumbsup:

Jeffrey

Indeed, I feel a lot more confident about buying a 1920 if the firmware upgrade is in circulation and not having a R2 only player for gods know how long:)

I have been after this dvd player for a while and been waiting for the multi-region disk to come through, as of yet im not sure if they have it. Im gonna get myn from www.weymouthhifi.co.uk for £200 inc multi-region and free delivery.

Just bought mine from Weymouth Hifi. Multi-region and RCE compatible for £200 inc delivery. Should arrive today. As soon as I get it setup, I shall report back on the quality of service and the multi-region capabilities. Looks a superb buy for the money on paper.

It is a superb player for the money, I have only been using it via HDMI with 720p scaling and the image is sharp and black levels superb.

Can any owners comment on the audio quality of this player. I understand its good...but just how good?

Also, daft question...whats the best way to connect this to my pioneer receiver, optical or coaxial?

Thanks...Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom