denon 1920 picture flicker

talkinloud

after bad lip sync with this model i've just received a belden component cable, the lip sync is still evident but not as bad. problem is when i stop play and get the purple denon card on the screen , the whole screen flickers, it seems ok during playback, just on stop, i have an hdmi cable connected so i can alternate between inputs but this is normal when i stop play, checked cables are connected properly, cant work it out. sorry if it sounds vague.

Attu

I presume you have the componant set to progressive scan ?, if so try unpluging the HDMI cable and see if you still get the flicker via thew componant output.
From what i understand if youve got the HDMI cable connected you will only get an interlaced signal through the componant regardless whether youve got it set to progressive scan or not so unpluging the HDMI cable should let it output in Prog-scan.

Andy

talkinloud

thanks for reply attu, tried unplugging the hdmi cable, still flickering and the top 4 inches of the screen is as well, the display window shows prog scan so still baffled, i'm considering exchanging this 1920 for the 2910 next week, thing is i actually read all the lip sync posts initially and still went out and got one,pictures great via hdmi but watching fight club is like watching a spaghetti western, should lip sync generally not occur or is there always conflict between tv and dvd using component or hdmi as lip sync was still evident using component

talkinloud

changed the component setting to interlaced and its now sorted, is the tv deinterlacing the interlaced signal.i've conncted the hdmi cable on a seperate input and it states 580p, thanks again attu.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom