Denon 1920 & HDMI setting...

B

bonc

I was reading the manual the other day and came across the following...

Video Out:

if using HDMI and you select the option progressive scan, the player will output interlace signals ONLY! (i.e not proggresive signals via the HDMI) :lesson:

so all those selecting prog scan as their output via HDMI should be aware, that aint what your getting!!!

any thoughts.....?

Attu

Isnt that suggesting that if youve got both the HDMI cable and componant connected you will only get interlaced through the componant regardless of whether its set to Prog-scan or not ?
I thought it was always prog-scan through the HDMI, also truning off the prog-scan was a cure for the standby lockup so ive got my prog-scan turned off anyway. ........where did i put that manual ?

Andy

Attu

Thinking about it I supose the HDMI sends what ever you tell it to so 720p would be progressive and 1080i would be interlaced but the settings for the componant wouldnt effect the HDMI output.

S

silvers

I have mine set to Component Progressive and use the HDMI output. If you change from 720p to 1080i and back whilst a DVD is paused, you can see the picture change from interlaced (slight flicker at the edges of the picture, subtle extra detail or noise) to Progressive (no visible flicker, smoother picture, slight reduction in detail). This would suggest that the player is outputting exactly what is expected from the HDMI regardless of the component settings.
One member of this forum suggested setting the component to progressive to reduce Lip Sync with some DVD's, and to me this did appear to improve things.
However, there are two things to note with the addition of the 1.24 firmware. Lyp Sync has been improved on some systems, mine included so I could turn Component Progressive off if required. Also the resume play bug when Component Progressive is set to on has now been fixed so this is no longer an issue anyway.

B

bonc

Attu said:
Thinking about it I supose the HDMI sends what ever you tell it to so 720p would be progressive and 1080i would be interlaced but the settings for the componant wouldnt effect the HDMI output.

Yes that seems to make sense....

the manual just seems to suggest otherwise - bad english i guess...

I mean why say WHEN USING HDMI OUTPUT and you select component progressive on the VIDEO OUT option, interlaced signals will only be produced!!!!

seems to suggest when using the HDMI output, you should select component interlace option...

of course, I assume this was only mentioned if you were using both component and HDMI connections...

but that begs the question, do both outouts work simultaneously, I think not - scart and HDMI yes - component and HDMI, not sure....

ah well, life goes on.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom