Denon 1920 HDMI issues

S

sallyann

There are a few threads relating to Denon 1920 HDMI problems and I would like to try and collect some data in an effort to determine if there really is a problem. Just to clarify my problem. I connect the Denon 1920 HDMI output to my Viewpia TV's DVI input and there is no picture. The TV appears to see the signal briefly and then says there is no signal. This cycle is repeated every couple of seconds.

If you have a denon 1920 please answer the following: -

1. What is your TV make/model ?
2. Is your TV input HDMI or DVI?
3. Does your denon/TV combination work ok via HDMI ?

Thanks for your input.

I have an LGRZ42PY10X PLASMA with dvi input.
It worked a week ago for one week, no it says no signal.
The dealer hav tested it and they they there is no HDMI signal from the dvd.
They say the firmware upgrade may have caused it.

I´m looking for the downgrade firmware does anybody know were to find it?

Petter :confused:

I don't have the 1920, but I have encountered two members who have had problems with the HDMI. One was with the Sanyo Z2 projector, & the other had the Z4. The member with the Z2 tried two different 1920's, and on both the picture was coming & going like it wasn't locking properly. He ended up changing it for a Samsung which worked fine.

T.

sallyann said:
There are a few threads relating to Denon 1920 HDMI problems and I would like to try and collect some data in an effort to determine if there really is a problem. Just to clarify my problem. I connect the Denon 1920 HDMI output to my Viewpia TV's DVI input and there is no picture. The TV appears to see the signal briefly and then says there is no signal. This cycle is repeated every couple of seconds.

Thanks for your input.

I was just wondering the same thing.It appears to only affect HDMI > DVI so far unless the HMDI > HDMI crew haven't found this thread yet.I want to buy one of these to go with my PV500 but only if this issue won't affect me.

Gear in sig!

HDMI to HDMI

no software upgrade needed, bought multiregion

works a treat

720p :cool:

My parents and I have the same setup.

Sony KDFE50A12U and Denon 1920 through HDMI.

Multiregion before delivery by Peter Tyson.

No problems with either setup.

Cheers
Lee

Toshiba 32wl56 - hdmi input. Noticed that picture size on 2:35:1 aspect dvd's and 720p/1080i is very small with large black bars top and bottom. The TV controls can't be changed when in HDMI mode so you can't change the size of the image.

Noticed that with HDMI connect and above TV have lip sync problems. This is not exclusively with HDMI (can happen with component too) but it certainly seems worse with HDMI.

Hitachi 42PD7200 connected via HDMI.

720p

experienced none of the above problems that everyone is going on about.

scintillating picture!! :cool:

Just push the HDMI button on the fron tof the screen or remote. That should make the signal come through

sallyann said:

Thanks for your input.

Glad you have brought this up as I was about to post a the same sort of thread.

My Plasma is the Hitachi 7200, the DVD is a Denon 1920 and is connected via HDMI, every now and then the DVD will lose connection with HDMI, the HDMI light on the front of the Denon will flash when the connection is lost, have had to reseat the HDMI cable at the back of the Plasma to get the picture back, I thought it may be a loose connection as this has happened when I have used the swivel base to move the plasma, but the same problem arises when I have just been sat there watching a film.

Is it the cable, the DVD or the Plasma? :lease:

Just as a note the DVD player has not been upgraded to Multi-region yet.

I have the same viewpia to multi region denon 1920 from peter tysons in carlisle.

works fine. I use the HDMI to DVI cable to hook it up.
select DVI from input on the tv

then on my denon I press the HDMI button til the display says 720p, wait a moment then it works fine

Set up in sig.

TV input is DVI

720p and 1080i no problems - excellent picture

Bought multiregion out of the box from Peter Tyson.

Hey,
Is there anyone who is using the denon 1920 with a sony s32a12u, i have been thinking about one of these players and wondered if anyone has any experience of that particular setup.

1. Panasonic PT-AE799
2. HDMI
3. Perfect - using a Bettercables 8m HDMI > HDMI

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom