Denon 1912 HDMI pass through

a l e x

Distinguished Member
Quick question about the 1912...

Plan is to put the Sky HD, XBox and Blu Ray direct into the 1912 then a single HDMI out into the TV.

I won't want to listen to the sound via the amp 100% of the time, I believe that the pass through will play sound via the TV if amp is off? Will that be for all sources or will it only work for the last source before the amp was switched off?

Thanks!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Just remember you need to connect the SkyHD box to the amp via optical as well since it does not send 5.1 via the HDMI.
Wha not use the amp all the time? Why spend money on improved sound quality and not use it all the time? Even at night I find I can listen to much lower volumes with my system due to the improved sound quality/clarity making it better then too. If it worried about complexity of use then get a Logitech Harmony remote.
A lot of passthrough amps will only passthrough the last selected source. If if does allow switching you will need to leave the amp in standby.

a l e x

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your reply. I'm all for using the amp all the time but its the gf who is questioning it... if I'm on a rest day during the week ill be sat up watching tv late at night and she's concerned that it will keep her up all night! Is the difference that noticeable on such low volumes?

Im glad you mentioned remotes, I was also looking at some this afternoon... i've not used one before, obviously only having one remote is a huge bonus but I've seen activities mentioned like "Watch TV'... am I right to assume that you select watch TV and it would turn the TV on, turn the amp on etc etc all in one go?

Thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You are right with the remote. One button will switch on all you need.
I use my speakers late at night and can listen to them at much lower volumes than the TV speakers. So I can use them without disturbing my wife and 2 kids.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom