• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 1911 set up help

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
It's been a while since I've had to set up an amp, just changed from an Onkyo 606 as needed the 3D pass through of the Denon.

A quick question - I've got the SkyHD box inputting into the amp via HDMI and the sound via optical. I think I changed the audio input to optical but whenever I play a movie with DD I get no DD symbol on the amp and am having to force it through DTS Neo or Dolby Pro-logic II. The left hand side of the amp shows "PCM" and underneath that "Digi".

I'm guessing I am doing something wrong....any help appreciated.

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
I've sorted it.....I had reassigned optical 1 to the cable/sat input, with HDMI for video. The problem was that I didn't realise you had to also go into the input setup and change it from HDMI to Digital, and conversion to auto.

Just watching "Mission Impossible 2" on Skymovies and it sounds great and it now displays Dolby Digital.

I presume I am correct in keeping the Blu-Ray Player and the PS3 to output sound via HDMI and to have it set at PCM?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom