1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by richjthorpe, Jan 12, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does the Denon 1910 upscale to 720p over component or is it just over DVI ? Also, what is the PQ like if anyone has tried, is there much of a difference between component and DVI ?

Thanks,

Richie.

2. MaJong

MaJong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From my limited testing..

720p over component not possible.

PQ - not sure about DVI but, judged from the progscan output I'd say the Pio 575 is nicer/cleaner for $ (bar the exceptional jaggy with things like the Star Wars leader) also has better remote and GUI/features etc.

I didn't get a chance to see DVI, but I figured the prog scan would be good indicator of general ability of the unit.

So good but no cigar, don't think you'll be disappointed unless your using a PJ - but I'd take the 575 in this category for 480p prog scan or iinterlaced

I try not to dwell on specs, but I'm inclined to think you first need strong MPEG, DACS and video processor (premium fl2310 sage / si 5xx etc.) for the upscale malarky.

I'm between 2910, HTPC and DV78 now.. DVI next :rolleyes:

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I think the 1910 is a great player and I hate the 3910!!This one is a gem IMHO.