• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 1910 upgrade question

SirTiger007

Established Member
Hi everyone

I have a fully functioning Denon 1910 which, as you know, does not allow 3D 1080p pass-through so I was looking to upgrade it now I have a 3D tv. The online reviews seemed to point to the Denon 1912 or the Sony STRDH820, but given stock levels they appear to be end-of-line? (You can tell I may be a little out of touch!)

Can you recommend an amp that has 4+ HDMI rear inputs with 3D pass through? I'm not going to be an early 4k adopter having just purchased a new tv so I am not interested in that side of things, and I have an airport express to stream my music to it, so I am not bothered about network capabilities. I use it mainly for Sky HD, blu ray films from my PS3 and gaming.

I have the Jamo a102 speakers, so don't need to spend a fortune on an amazing amp, but happy to spend anything to get the best out of them.

Many thanks for any help or advice you can give?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The Sony you mention is a lower level amp than the Denon. You may be interested in the Yamaha RXV671, which is closer to the Denon's level. The Yamaha too is discontinued, but a few are still available for about £300:

Yamaha RXV671

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom