Denon 1910 turns itself off

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by roone, Nov 4, 2005.

1. roone

roone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Denon 1910 (about 18 months old) and recently it will suddenly turn itself off while playing a DVD. It has done this on several DVDs so its not the media. Then when I turn it back on the lights on the console will come on for a couple of seconds then fade out and the unit turns off again. It will stay this way for the rest of the evening, then the next day it's okay. Strange.

Anyone encountered this?

Cheers

2. Polydorus

Polydorus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No experience with one but I would check to see if you have inadvertently activated a timer function, as a sleep timer. Has the interior accumulated a lot of dust and dirt? That could cause overheating that might cause a shutdown. Power problems, notice any electric current fluctuations or problems with any other electrical device?

3. roone

roone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I've considered the heating issue, but ruled it out. I am able to run the unit without a disc in it and go into setup, etc. Seems fine. Didn't see any timers in setup, but will check the manual.

Thanks