Denon 1910 SW PRE OUT not working (test tone)

ionnyc55

Ex Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new P12-300 BK sub, I tried setting it up, i tried everything. Subwoofer is on 'yes', lfe+main, crossover to 80hz, speakers set to 'small', yet when i use test tone, there is no sound even when turned up on the subwoofer. (it is connected to Subwoofer pre-out).

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

^^^^ my receiver's back connection ports.

My other subwoofer had the same issue. Sometimes when played very loud a few bass notes would play and then drop. At lower level nothing at all happens.

I tried disabling auto on, on the subwoofer too.

Will high level input on the BK subwoofer sound the same as an RCA? How would I set this up? I am using a denon 1910 avr.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Simple stuff first. Have you tried a different interconnect? Have you tried the sub from another source - direct from a CD player or similar?

It is possible the pre-out from the Denon is bad, but I would suggest this is quite unlikely. Look for simple things first.

Simple stuff first. Have you tried a different interconnect? Have you tried the sub from another source - direct from a CD player or similar?

It is possible the pre-out from the Denon is bad, but I would suggest this is quite unlikely. Look for simple things first.

Do you mean try connecting it to the CD player? I haven't got one. :(.

Anything you can connect it to really. Even the Zone 2 out from the amp should give you something.

Anything you can connect it to really. Even the Zone 2 out from the amp should give you something.

I do know the subwoofer works (am sure), it is new and my other subwoofer had the same issue.

I will try zone 2 anyway.

In the meantime, would high level output work? If the pre-out circuit was bust?

Thanks noiseboy.

Ok the Zone2 didn't do anything am afraid. (I set the amp assign not the connectors, if that is what you mean?)

However the auto-on feature kicked in and turned the sub on when the test tone was on the subwoofer. Something is received by the subwoofer for it to do that.

On my old subwoofer, i could hear bass when playing very loud for brief moments.

It feels very faulty to me the pre-out.

Last edited:
So can you tell us what the settings are on the back of the Sub?
I'd also just put sub to lfe and not lfe+main, i'd suggest the most obvious thing is faulty cable or set up.

So can you tell us what the settings are on the back of the Sub?
I'd also just put sub to lfe and not lfe+main, i'd suggest the most obvious thing is faulty cable or set up.

Note: My P12 is a new revision and has a auto-on disable toggle.
image.php

For my old subwoofer which had this issue, i tried two different RCA cables and the same problem occurred.

Should I try Zone 2 left right output on my receiver (My receiver: Imgur: The magic of the Internet) to the subwoofer left and right?

Thanks!

Have you got your sub on the same settings as that and how long is the cable you are using?

Have you got your sub on the same settings as that and how long is the cable you are using?

Hi, yeah it is the same settings as that picture.

The RCA cable provided by BK subs is about 3m long, that is the one I have been using.

Thanks.

have you another cable you can test with ?

shotokan101, Do the subwoofer wires in high level input share the same terminals as the main floorstander speakers?

Thanks.

So if you connect your sub cable to the Right (Mono) in connector on the sub and touch the tip of the cable that should connect to the Sub Pre Out on the AVR ....... what happens ? ....... turn the volume down on the sub btw.

So if you connect your sub cable to the Right (Mono) in connector on the sub and touch the tip of the cable that should connect to the Sub Pre Out on the AVR ....... what happens ? ....... turn the volume down on the sub btw.

Yeah, nothing happens... I know something should happen when I touch the other end with my finger but this subwoofer is new and my last subwoofer did nothing when i rubbed the RCA metal tips as well.

Is this supposed to create a sound with all subwoofers by touching the RCA cable tip with the other end plugged into the subwoofer?
:(

I tried High level or speaker level and there is still no bass. Its possible the receiver does not support high level.

:(. Damn. Any suggestions?

BK's manual is a little different in terms of colours used. I did it like this :

View attachment 954854

What do you think about this method? Thanks.
If you've got a speakon cable from BK as supplied with the sub, then i'd go with their wiring...... so you still aren't getting anything from the sub ?

Have you switched the speakers back to large, if set to small all the bass will be redirected to the LFE out

If you've got a speakon cable from BK as supplied with the sub, then i'd go with their wiring...... so you still aren't getting anything from the sub ?

Have you switched the speakers back to large, if set to small all the bass will be redirected to the LFE out

Yeah they are on large too :/.

I'm afraid i'm at a loss then, if the sub doesn't work with LFE or High Level i can only surmise that the Sub is faulty, but seems strange that both are exhibiting the exact same symptoms!!

I suggest that maybe you get in contact with BK Electronics direct.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom