1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1910 scan line problems?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by zot, Mar 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. zot

zot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought a Denon 1910 last October and I've been having the weirdest problem. I'm connected to a Benq 8700+ projector, via DVI. The player is set to 720P to match the native mode of the Benq. Every so often, and it doesn't matter what DVD - rental, home-recorded - it seems like the picture is missing a few scan lines about 2/3 down into the picture. No black lines, but the bottom of the picture is bumped up to where the scan lines are missing. The scan line gap then slowly moves down to the bottom of the picture and disapears.

Mainly happens with action shots - especially when the shot is scanning up; almost like the DVD player or the projector can't keep up with the refresh rate, so it 'skips' a few lines. Not every movie, and not every action scene - but enough that it is annoying. Doesn't happen onscreen if I watch TV on the S-video, or HDTV on the RGB input. Watched "The Missing" last night and it happened about a dozen times. Any ideas? OR is it the projector?

Thanks,

Zot