1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1910 or 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasonx32, Nov 3, 2004.

1. jasonx32

jasonx32
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently using a panasonic dvd-s75 sending images to my sanyo z2 via component, but i'm looking to upgrade to either a denon 1910 or a 2910.
    Have read alot about problems with the 1910 and the z2 on these forums, but is the 1910 actually a reliable player with the z2 with the newer firmware?
    Is it worth spending the extra and going for the 2910?
    Will I notice a significant improvement in picture over my s75?

any help would be greatly appreciated as don't want to take the plunge and buy the wrong pece of kit :suicide:

ta. :clap:

jason

2. OxfordDon

OxfordDon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If I have to go on a one man crusade against Denon DVD players, I will. Do not ever contemplate buying one, you WILL get freezes and lockups, and sound dropouts, and they will deny it. I've been unfortunate enough to own a 3800 and now a 2900, and they are garbage. Do not go there.

3. Noger

Noger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had none of the aforementioned problems with my 2910, pehaps I am lucky ?

4. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Had my 2910 for a couple of weeks now, and the only problem has been a problem reading Fahrenheit 911 (disc1)

5. andy_pandy

andy_pandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1910 or 2910...mmmm...NEITHER..... :eek: :eek: .....they are DENON which have more faults than you can poke a dirty stick at. If you actually want to watch a DVD without it pausing, locking up etc etc etc buy something else. If you do make the mistake of buying one and you invite friends round to watch a film make sure you spend several hours EVERY TIME watching the film before they come round to make sure it plays....even then it might still stop half way through and your friends will take the p**s saying 'How much did you pay for that......my (insert cheap make) plays everything fine'.
    DENON are rubbish and their customer service is worse - if that is possible, they will never speak to you and if they do they will deny everything. Read this forum and take note....you may as well just throw £1000 down the toilet if you want to buy DENON...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. jasonx32

jasonx32
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmmm. so the general opinion is a no-no :rolleyes:

what does everyone recomend as an upgrade over my s75 then? :lease:

7. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    why not try a denon player, nice good quality kit, and excellent value for money...

8. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    oh - some people may grumble about them, but it's because they don't know how to set them up properly.

9. andy_pandy

andy_pandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would you tell Denon how to set them up then. They have admitted to me, by mistake, that the 2900 is faulty so maybe your advanced knowledge can put them, and several hundred owners, at rest. As for everybody else who actually wants to watch a film from start to finish buy something else.
    I am lucky in that Denon have refunded all of my £800 so I have relpaced it with an Arcam 78 which knocks spots of the 2900 in all respects for the same money.

10. andy_pandy

andy_pandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jasonx32 - get Arcam. just read the reviews. enough said. and you will never see a bad word said against them.....just look in the dedicated Arcam forum on this web-site....I wonder why Denon don't have a dedicated site..... :blush: :blush:
    I have just had a personal reply from the managing director from Arcam regarding one of my questions....you can't beat that for service... :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: