Denon 1910 No sound in one source issue

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Navrig, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Navrig

Navrig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have a 1910 with DVD, Chromecast, XBOX connected.

Since we got the chromecast the DVD player has not been used so much. Recently when my daughter tried to use the DVD payer there was no sound at all. She wanted to use it then and there so I quickly switched cables and plugged the DVD into the Hdmi being used by the XBOX and it worked ok.

When doing this I noticed that the display on the 1910 had blanked out and I had to hit the power toggle button.

My wife and daughter haven't got the hang of the amp and it's possible they have been randomly pressing buttons. Similarly I have been experimenting with SmartRemote on my android device as a potential replacement to the Harmony remote.

So two questions.

Any idea on why the DVD connection would have no sound and cause the power to apparently switch off?

Is there a factory reset for the Amp, I am thinking I may go back to basics and start again?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,571
    AVR Input - most AVR's 'link' a Group of sockets to a particular Input Button or On-screen label.

That Group of Input sockets will typically include - HDMI, Optical, Coaxial and 2-RCA.

Witching the AVR settings you can either go with the Preset 'associations' between Input Label/sockets or create your own 'associations'.

When you select a particular Input the AVR will go to the Video and Audio that is currently Associated - that may be HDMI Video + HDMI Audio or you may have the AVR set to HDMI Video + Optical audio.

Many AVR's let you select an Input then quickly Toggle through the Associated audio sockets (HDMI/Optical/2-RCA) to find the audio you require.

Joe

PS Yes you can factory reset most AVR's - the instructions are usually somewhere near the back of the User Manual