• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 1909 question help!

catalyst686

Standard Member
I have a Denon 1909 receiver along with a set of 5.1 definitive technology speakers to go along with my HD TV. The problem that I am experiencing has to do with the receiver. It seems that every time I turn the receiver on it re-sets the volume level on the speakers. An example would be... I will set each speaker to +5db, so the same amount of sound will come out of each speaker, then I will turn the receiver off, and I will notice the sound is uneven, then I will go back to check the volume levels on each speaker and it is set to +5db for some speakers, -12.5 for one, and anything in between those numbers for the other 3 speakers. does anyone know why this is happening? Did I not set it up correctly when I first got it? please help thanks!

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Did you not run auto setup using the mic? Setting each speaker at +5db sounds great in theory but in practice will not be accurate. That would only really work if you were sat right in the middle of the room and at the same distance from each speaker etc. If you make manual adjustments, you need to accurately measure the distance from each speaker to your listening position with a tape measure. Ideally you want to use a SPL meter and adjust each speaker in turn until you get 75db on the meter. There are guides around the web for doing this. To save the settings after running the speaker test regardless of whether you use your ears or a meter, you need to press TEST again to save the settings, maybe you exited the setup without saving?

However, I think you should really review the manual and run the autosetup again with the mic and go from there.

zzoli

I have a Denon 1909 receiver along with a set of 5.1 definitive technology speakers to go along with my HD TV. The problem that I am experiencing has to do with the receiver. It seems that every time I turn the receiver on it re-sets the volume level on the speakers. An example would be... I will set each speaker to +5db, so the same amount of sound will come out of each speaker, then I will turn the receiver off, and I will notice the sound is uneven, then I will go back to check the volume levels on each speaker and it is set to +5db for some speakers, -12.5 for one, and anything in between those numbers for the other 3 speakers. does anyone know why this is happening? Did I not set it up correctly when I first got it? please help thanks!

Do you use the Quick select buttons to turn on the receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom