Denon 1909 help please!

fakeshemp

Established Member
Reaction score
<HR style="COLOR: #c0c0c0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c0c0c0" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Hi guys,

Newbie here and needed your advice. Set up my denon 1909 today and i have a samsung bdp1500 blu ray player. I have connected this to the receiver via hdmi. Now when I play blu rays that have true hd, on the receiver screen it says dts surround sound. I have made sure that I have changed the sound settings on the disk to the true HD soundtrack.

Would be grateful for any help!:lease:

is your sammy set to bitstream for your hd audio?

You need to set the Samsung to 'Bitstream (Audiophile)'. I think you must have it set to 'Bitstream (re-encode)', as that re-encodes all audio to high bit-rate DTS.

Thanks Shilv, having a bit of a bloody nightmare at the moment. I have been unable to do an auto set up yet as the cat decided to chew through the mic cable!! Hope I can get a replacement from the shop!

I have been unable to do an auto set up yet as the cat decided to chew through the mic cable!! Hope I can get a replacement from the shop!

:eek:

I always catch my cat lying on top of the 1909 - must be nice and warm for her!!

Hope you get it all up and running soon...

Just ran the changes on the sammy Shilv and it is working a treat!! Thanks again bud:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom