• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 1909 help please!

fakeshemp

<HR style="COLOR: #c0c0c0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c0c0c0" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Hi guys,

Newbie here and needed your advice. Set up my denon 1909 today and i have a samsung bdp1500 blu ray player. I have connected this to the receiver via hdmi. Now when I play blu rays that have true hd, on the receiver screen it says dts surround sound. I have made sure that I have changed the sound settings on the disk to the true HD soundtrack.

Would be grateful for any help!:lease:

THE-STIG-08

is your sammy set to bitstream for your hd audio?

shilv

You need to set the Samsung to 'Bitstream (Audiophile)'. I think you must have it set to 'Bitstream (re-encode)', as that re-encodes all audio to high bit-rate DTS.

fakeshemp

Thanks Shilv, having a bit of a bloody nightmare at the moment. I have been unable to do an auto set up yet as the cat decided to chew through the mic cable!! Hope I can get a replacement from the shop!

shilv

I have been unable to do an auto set up yet as the cat decided to chew through the mic cable!! Hope I can get a replacement from the shop!

:eek:

I always catch my cat lying on top of the 1909 - must be nice and warm for her!!

Hope you get it all up and running soon...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom