Denon 1908 & 1907

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Andeh, Jun 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Andeh

Andeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I posted this in the general receiver forum but didnt get much of a response so im gunna try here instead!

Im looking at getting a second hand receiver for around the £200 mark and like the look of the denon 1908 and i wanted to know peoples opinions on it. It will be powering either the Q acoustics 1050i to start off with, followed by the rest of a 5.1 setup over the following months.

I listen to a lot of music (quite loud & bassy - dance etc), watch a lot of films (not all with the 5.1 codecs) and play the odd game. The receiver will be connected to my PC for the next few months, before i buy a projector/LCD TV and possibly a DVD player, but i doubt ill be getting hold of a blu ray/sky box etc for a couple of years yet (student budget n all).

cheers guys

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Andeh

Andeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Anyone?

Whats the minimum denon receiver that people would recommend to drive the Q Acoustic 1050i? Would the Denon 1908 be powerfull enough to drive them?

specs:
    http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/floorstanding_speaker/moreinfo.htm

Apologies for all the questions, but this will by me first time i buy this sort of equipment and i want to get it right! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  3. spooney

spooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Looking at the specs of the speaker (input 25-150W), any Denon will do.
    The more power out the amp has the more head room you will have. This basically means the sound does not sound 'stressed' on higher volume levels.

4. Andeh

Andeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    thanks for the reply, will keep my fingers crossed i can pick up one second hand then! :)