Denon 1906 v 2106

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot see there is much difference between these two models. The 2106 has a bit more power, but is there anything else to justify the £100 price difference between the two?

Went o demo them 2 weeks ago and i can say there was definately a noticable difference but like you said was it worth the money!! I had this dilema but if you see what the best price ur shop will do i`m sure you`ll find the difference is less than £100. I could get the 1906 for £290 and the 2106 for £350 ...for only £60 difference i thought it was worth going for the better model, but i have to say only giving you my opinion as im` pretty new to this AV lark!

Have to say i am MORE than happy with the amp!

Thanks for the input.

Can I ask where you managed to get the 2106 for £350? The only places I can find will not sell the amp to online customers.

i take it thats petetyson? Which as actually a good thing, cuz u can price match since they are offering it as an instore price :D :D!!!

I went to PracticleHiFi in manchester and just said i only had £350 and PT do it for that...they checked and then matched it!

Chris

Yes it was Peter Tyson, I will try to get a price match.

Also, could anyone let me know what 'assignable' component inputs are? Does this just mean you can rename them?

Denon website shows little between these two. (power only?)

For what it's worth, I've had the 1906 for a couple of months and it's great. It replaced a Sony STRDB940 which I'd had for 4-5 years, and although it doesn't have the same power rating, it's more than enough for what I need and it has a noticeably better sound (less harsh, more refined).

In a nutshell, I don't think you'll be unhappy with either choice, just depends how much budget you have.

Thanks for the replies.

I have just gone for the 1906. I picked it up for £220, and the cheapest I was seeing on the 2106 was £360. The £140 difference was just too much for the extra features and power.

Can you see a difference now?????
1_gr_av_AVR1906_inside1.jpg

1_gr_av_AVR2106_inside1.jpg

Case!!
1_gr_av_AVR1906_Silver.jpg

1_gr_av_AVR2106_Silver.jpg

It showed £254 on the front screen, but £220 in the basket when I ordered. I think they have corrected it to £220 on both now.

Well it would be if they had it in black and in stock which they dont,unlike Weymouth HiFi who did,so I went there

of course things can be as cheap as you like when they are not in stock, it's the price when an item is in stock that is important! first rule of sales profit margins, sell it cheap when you havent got it!

PDP-434HDE said:
Denon website shows little between these two. (power only?)

Also something about connecting a turntable or record player or whatever it is called nowadays. To the 2106, the 1906 doesn't have the option. That makes me doubting whether to buy the 2106 or the 1906. In the rare case I would play a record from my collection the 2106 would come in handy, but the experience now is that during the last 6 years I haven't played a record, actually transferred most of them to CD. Guess the 1906 will do fine. Cheapest price over here is €365 (about GBP 240), the 2106 does €475 (about GBP 320)at the cheapest.

I'm planning to upgrade my 12,13 year old, still working very good, Pioneer SX-339 to a surroundset. Denon looks much more decent than the newer Pioneers IMO.

Can anyone tell me if the Denon 1906 has a night mode???

Freelancer said:
Can anyone tell me if the Denon 1906 has a night mode???

It has DRC which does the same thing. It can be set to OFF, Low, Mid or High with High being maximum compression.

Jase said:
It has DRC which does the same thing. It can be set to OFF, Low, Mid or High with High being maximum compression.
Cool. But what does DRC stand for?

Also, can you set a lip-sync delay if possible?

Freelancer said:
Cool. But what does DRC stand for?

Also, can you set a lip-sync delay if possible?

DRC - Dynamic Range Control.

It also has an Audio Delay feature for Lip-Sync. You can adjust from 0-200ms on a per Input basis.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom