Denon 1906 Surround Sound Rubiks Revenge

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Itsnomareelname, Mar 15, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Itsnomareelname

Itsnomareelname

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having tried to get all my bits in order and I have come to the conclusion that Rubik now works for Denon. Memories of everyone else twisting that cube with ease whilst I resigned to take the stickers off and put them back on.

Basically I've set up my new system (ha!), and can't get sound from dvd player through the receiver and out the speakers. Using what I believe is a digital coax cable (having doubts you see), and followed all the assignations on both dvd and AVR. Can get sound through phono plugs on CD but not via dvd, apart from even attempting something well beyond my capabilities, what am I doing wrong. Any cheats out there?

Denon AVR 1906
    Denon 1920
    Mission FS1 6.1
    Pioneer PDP436XDE

2. alphabet

alphabet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe this is an obvious question, but does the Denon automatically detect what type of connection is being used i.e. Coax or Optical, etc?

It could be that you have to manually select the correct input type.

3. garyM

garyM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    From memory you do have to go into the setup menu and specifically assign the relevant optical input. So when you press DVD you get coax opt 1 and when you press CD you get coax opt 2 etc

4. massimo

massimo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Make sure that you plug the co-axial cable into the back of the amp labeled DVD I think. Then you need to go to the settings and tell the amp that you want it to use the digital input when you choose DVD on the amp. If you catch my drift.

5. iain mack

iain mack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a wee note,i`m not at home now so cant check.i set up my 1906 at christmas and just plugged everything in where it seemed likely then ran the auto set-up. i cant remember having to specify sources ect but i had sound for all my different sources though for some reason my dvd sound comes through the cd channel[ie it says cd on the on screen menu]. using co-axial for dvd connection and it looks like phono
    hope you get sorted
    iain

6. Itsnomareelname

Itsnomareelname

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ian
    I plugged in some phone leads and ran a cd which worked fine, had to turn the dial a fair bit to get it through though. Had a brief flirtation with Willy Wonka and surround sound seemed to be working thereafter. Later sound appeared to go back to stereo, i.e. front speakers only when tried it later. I'll try again n the morning and run auto set up but think you're right about the CD input.
    The Pioneers an absolute delight so still on a high despite the Denon traumas.
    Thanks