1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1906 + REL Q150 connection help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Nemeliza, Oct 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Nemeliza

Nemeliza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question for you audiophiliacs ;)

The REL neutrik connector has 3 wires, FL+FR+GND Im aware that the front left and front right go into the + connectors on each speaker. But where do i put the ground wire. The only mention of ground on the amp is the AM antenna loop
    :lease:

Any help appreciated.

Yes i is n00b :lesson:

Thanks
    Nemz.

2. michael.redfern

michael.redfern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Without wanting to set your amp on fire :) I think the ground goes to either of the negative (black) speaker terminals. That's from memory of course. Try one of the older REL manuals from their website. I have the Q201 and found it quite intelligible, so maybe they changed the wording in the Q150.

BTW, you do have the phono connection running in parallel right?

If you're gonna run the two connections via your denon, have a GOOD read of the various filtering options and where you can do what. It's a whole new kettle of fish waiting to be discovered. Have fun. :thumbsup:

3. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    I've just had a quick look up on the setup of my Rel which is a Storm 111, but given its' a ST series as opposed to a Q series it might make a difference so this might not be correct for you but here goes anyway. The connections are as follows.

The red wire goes to the + on the right hand speaker, the black goes to the - also on the right speaker, and the yellow goes to the + of the left hand one.

Hope this helps. ;)

4. Nemeliza

Nemeliza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses, beenvery helpful i think iv managed to avoid it now as i went for a yamaha amp instead which has a dedicated ground terminal anway.

For the record, i think it is this method as taximan said
    Thank you!