Denon 1906 error message on Auto set-up

SanPedro

I get thsi error when trying to run the auto set-up

Caution FL Sp (thinks that's what it said from memory)

Couldn't find this in the manual's error list.

It plays just fine and all the channels are present.

Any ideas?

Jase

Distinguished Member
It should have something listing the error like - Phase, None etc.

SanPedro

Jase said:
It should have something listing the error like - Phase, None etc.

That's what I thought. But I can't seem to see anything. I'm right in thinking that all the messages are viewable on the amps display, rather than on my screen? I can't seem to get any messages to display on the screen.

The amp is feeding the signal ok from the DVD player to the screen

Jase

Distinguished Member
Always used the OSD on the Denon's myself. I'd just doublecheck speaker connections to make sure that everythings ok (no loose wires). If it is and everything plays ok I wouldn't worry too much to be honest.

liampurcell

Standard Member
on screen display is only by S-video or composite, not by conponenet if you have your tv connected to your amp that way?

beavertron

liampurcell said:
on screen display is only by S-video or composite, not by conponenet if you have your tv connected to your amp that way?

really? on the back it has "monitor" next to the s-video/composite video connection but also it has "monitor" next to the component video output. I assumed you would get the osd with either... havent tried component though (prefer to connect video straight from dvd player-tv), just s-vid to the connection on front of my tv. anyone confirm you cant see the osd on 1906 via components?

S

Spoodle

Yep, I can confirm it. Damn nuisance when my only connection is on the front panel of my TV!

Spoodle

SanPedro

Jase

Homer Simpson here. I'd put my front speakers into B rather than A. Doh!

The auto set-up worked a treat once I'd switched 'em around.

I guess it must be a Japanese thing as the 1st set of speaker inputs is marked B and the next set is marked A. I guess it makes sense if you read right to left. Or if you take a bit more time to read the decals on the back. :suicide:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Easy mistake to make. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom