1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1905 Prologic II - sub output

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tug100, Dec 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Tug100

Tug100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 1905 and am very happy with it. However, when using PLII output I don't get any signal going to the sub.

The sub is fine and works when in dolby or dts mode, and also works fine with the 5 channel stereo setting, or normal stereo.

Any ideas why the sub is silent when playing either music or the telly using PLII?

Should there be a sub output with PLII?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Have you got any of your speakers set to Large by any chance? To get Sub output in PLII you need to set all speakers to small and route all bass to the sub. PLII has no .1 channel so the only bass you'll get is that which is redirected from channels that are set to small. You won't get much sub action if only the Centre and Surrounds are set to small either.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Do as Jase says, plus what is your crossover set to?

4. Tug100

Tug100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah that makes sense. The fronts are AE Evo 3's (set to large) and the surrounds are AE Evo 1's (which were set to large but now set to small upon the advice of the dealer after a bit of a problem but that's another story). I have the Evo centre too.

My guess is leave as is then, the sound is bound to be worse if I take the bass away from my Evo 3's. The crossover is set to 80 (from memory) which is recommended by AE.

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Don't take the bass away from the Evo 3's, you've changed the Evo 1's to small so that's fine. The crossover sounds right too. Just enjoy it as it is :smashin: