denon 1900 or pioneer 868

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jubblyray, Sep 15, 2007.

1. jubblyray

jubblyray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    please help me make my mind up between the denon or pioneer , The machine will be used mainly for dvd`s as apposed to cd playback hooked up to my hitachi pj-tx200 many thanks in advance ray:confused:

2. jubblyray

jubblyray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anyone !!:confused:

3. colb

colb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Denon uses si504 de-interlacer- which is excellent on film based material .Some uncertainty about its reliability and "Play anything" ability have been raised by some owners I believe however. I recently bought a second hand dv868 which replaced a sony dspn 975 and the difference in quality through a toshiba mt500 projector (90 cm screen) was not subtle. I still use the projectors de-interlacer (si 504)however as i prefer the picture when using component input feeding an interlaced signal. Whilst i hav'nt seen the denon in action , you would probably be happy with either especially if using a smaller screen size. - BTW - dv868 cost £160 on ebay - total bargain. Hope this helps

4. jubblyray

jubblyray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the response, i thought this thread was going to dissapear into the ether, yes i have seen a pioneer 868 for 150 pounds and with being able to spin most formats was going to go for that, but something keeps nagging in my mind to go for the denon as i used to own the 2800 mk1 and was happy with that although wasn`t using my projector then :hiya:cheers ray