Denon 1804 - Difficult to get hold of?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by zama, Jul 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. zama

zama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    I am a complete beginner to the home cinema scene. For the last 6 weeks, I have been reading all the Mags as well as perusing this forum, so much so that my head is spinning from all of the information. Anyway I have decided enough is enough and to make a decision. My choice is (although still not cast in stone):

Denon AVR 1804 – Silver
    Mordaunt Short Premiere Speakers
    I plan to use the above for movies only, if anybody has any advice on a better setup, please advise me, My budget is £600.

I am struggling to find a retailer which has the Denon AVR 1804s for sale, a couple have the black but no one has the silver, one retailer I phoned says they no longer sell this model. It has only recently been reviewed which is what helped me make my choice. Anybody know why it is so hard to get hold of? Have Denon stopped making it already. Finally made my mind up and can’t buy the :censored: thing, anyone know a retailer who has got one in stock?

I have seen the Mordaunt Short Premiere Standard for £229 (is it worth paying the extra for the Plus? £300. These prices were from http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ and don’t include VAT or P&P.

Thanks

2. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  3. zama

zama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Unlight, though I'm pretty sure Superfi was one of them I phoned this morning and were out of stock, anyway after reading the thread about the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE, I am now considering this. Only £40 difference - "1804 = £319.95" : "SP-AX750SE = £359.00" (if this price holds up that is, can't beleive it's £299). also read the review in What Hi-Fi (since my post) and now this has gone top of my list. I'll keep an eye on the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE thread and make my decision next week.
    This Home Cinema Malarky a real minefield, hopefully if I make this decision right, then everything else will fall into place.
    Thanks again