1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1802 Sub level question???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by micb3rd, May 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I am very close to getting a new Denon 1802, but does it come with a subwoofer/LFE setting on the reveiver to control the level of the output to the subwoofer.

If it does not have a level setting for the subwoofer how do I configure and control the loudness of the bass?

Please help me.

2. eddiea

eddiea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    micb

Yes it does have a sub output, you can find a good picture of the back of it in pdf format at http://www.denon.co.uk/startpage.htm
    which clearly shows the sub output.

Regards

eddie:cool:

3. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Thank a lot eddiea, it can be hard buying a new receiver with all the choices available.

I just wanted to be sure, Thank you.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep as stated it does have a sub output.
    I got the 1802 2 days ago WOW !
    Previous to this i was thinking of replacing my exsisting tanoy sub as it seem to lack punch even when turned up to full power. Since getting the 1802 i have found this sub rocks. I no longer need to turn the sub to full but half way. I got better output from my sub by setting the front speakers to small. the pro logic 2 works fantastic for music as well. The best price i found for the 1802 was 329 at richer sounds but phone around all the stores as it was hard to find a shop store that had one in stock, i could only get the gold in the end.

Enjoy

5. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I phoned a local store and they quoted £449 pricey or what.

Well I just took the plunge and ordered the Denon 1802 from leading edge for £299.

It should come Saturday, thanks for your help.

6. Belly

Belly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my 1802 for about 6 months now, Iam running Wharfdale diamond front, center and backs and have just added a Yammaha YST320 Sub,( Wow what a difference!!). I chose the amp after about 4 weeks of testing and comparing it between the Marantz, Yammaha and Harmon Kardon, I still think I made the best decision!!!. Great choice!!:D