1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1802 connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by komputakev, Mar 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. komputakev

komputakev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    People, I am in need of some advice.

I have just purchased a Denon 1802 receiver, and wish to integrate it with the following components:

Toshiba 28w8db widescreen tv (1 rgb scart, 2 composite scart, 1 s-video, audio out phonos)
    Mico Dvd a980 dvd player (optical, coaxial outputs, +rgb)
    Panasonic NVF77 video recorder.
    Grundig digibox.(audio phonos out)

I have a set of 6 wharfdale modus speakers (front l+r, surrounds x2, centre speaker) which includes a passive subwoofer which feeds the main speaker channels (fronts and surrounds).

I would like to utilise the subwoofer in some way with the Denon, I do have a spare Kenwood amp, not quite sure how I would go about wiring this configuration of equipment for the best results.

That's why I'm asking the people in the know first before I get involved and confused:)

Any advice greatly and gratefully received.

Kev:clap: :clap: :clap:

2. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the Forums.

I have a Denon AVR2802, and other similar kit (see below) so may be able to advise. Others may have better suggestions no doubt.

CDs: Mico DVD player -(phono)-> Kenwood amp -> front l+r wharfdale

DVDs:
    Audio
    Mico DVD player -(optical or coaxial)-> AVR1802
    -> pre-outs-> Kenwood amp -> front l+r wharfdale
    -> surrounds x2, centre speaker
    -> a passive subwoofer (but consider upgrade to active sub)
    Visual
    Mico DVD player -rgb scart-> Toshiba 28w8db widescreen tv

Grundig digibox & VCR
    Audio
    -audio phonos out-> AVR1802 (and then as above)
    Visual
    <-composite scart-> Panasonic NVF77 video recorder <-scart->Toshiba tv

Hope this helps

ditton

3. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on a completly different topic, does your 1802 have the upgraded soundchip, that denon fit free. if you own pearl harbour ,jurassic 3, lotr, you will get poor sound[if any]just thought i would let you know.i got my 1802 fr0m richer, and they didn,t have a clue about the chipset problem[surprised?]so i dealt with denon direct,who picked it up and modded it,and brought it back in under 10 days.....:smashin:

4. Jonathan West

Jonathan West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected my DVD RGB scart and Digibox RGB scart via a switchbox into the RGB scart on the telly, and the Digibox second scart through the VCR, with the VCR to the composite scart. Most telly's (mine included) have one RGB and one composite/s-video scart). Using a switchbox I can get RGB quality from digibox or DVD, whereas connecting the digibox to the telly via the VCR "downgrades" you to composite. The swithbox I use is a manual one (BT22) from www.lektropacks.co.uk, but they have auto ones as well (for more bucks).

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    hamtaro,

I've had my 1802 for a while, but not noticed any problems on LOTR. Could you explain the chip thing, or direct me to somewhere that does please?

Cheers

John