1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1802, can I get on screen display

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Phil Brown, Jan 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Phil Brown

Phil Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I am very keen to get my Amplifier display onto the TV screen. I have a Denon 1802 ( luvly machine, right price ) ... on the back of the amp I have 2 outputs ( marked as "monitor"... one s/video and one composite ), tried connecting these to an av socket on the TV.. but no Amp displays come up !!

I am guessing that maybe not all Amps can do this and that the Denon 1802 does not output its display to these sockets ?

Can anyone with a 1802 clarify please ?

Alternatively maybe I need to set something in the amp or on the remote for the amp to do this ??

Any ideas appreciated.... thks phil

n.b. I am amased at how little is written in the mags "how to connect it all up" about routing video signals thru the amp !! all advice seems to be for putting just audio thru the amp... but on-screen displays must be a godsend !

2. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll almost certainly get a more elegant answer than this but as noone clever has surfaced yet give this a go.....

Connect the monitor out from your denon to the right connection on your telly with a phono lead - from memory mine has it on the front behind a flip panel - the same one you stick a camcorder or playstation to - should be 3 phone sockets, two for stereo sound and one for video input, I think it's yellow.

Then tune in your telly to receive on this, again maybe a little fiddling is required, you will probably have your AV channel (?? channel 0) defaulted to show you DVD or video through a SCART.
    Then tell your denon to output the display - my 3802 has a button on the remote for "OSD"

Simple - sorry if it's a bit low tech, but it's late and I'm not really that geeky anyway, I managed it, you should be fine.

let us know

D

3. iabbott

iabbott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 1802 does not have an on-screen display feature. The monitor out is simply for video switching i.e you can route your visual imputs via the amp so that when you switch inputs on the amp it switches the video also.
    Personally I prefer to send my visual inputs direct to TV.

4. Phil Brown

Phil Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks folks.... no osd from denon 1802 as I suspected.. ah well I still like the amp for the price !! thks phil