DENON 1801 VS YAMAHA A5

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jonny, May 20, 2001.

Tags:
  1. jonny

jonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ok guys i can get both the both the Denon 1801 and Yammy A5 for £250. I will use them for movies and music equally but i cant really get a demo so which do you guys think i should go for or wont there be much difference? I hear the Yammy can yound a bit to bright with some speakers, is this true?

Thanks, Jon.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tend to disagree, i have owned several generations of Yamaha's and recently moved across to Denon. IMHO the Yamaha's have all offered more "drive" in their 5.1 than their Denon price point alternatives and if this is your first purchase then you really can't go wrong with any recent Yamaha. The Denon's have, again IMHO a more refined and cultured approach to things which takes more time to appreciate their strength's but is very fulfilling. If you want instant thrill's and something to impress your mates from the word go then Yamaha's your man, if you want something that you will appreciate more over time then perhaps it's the Denon.
    Alot is made of music presentation by A.V amps but in all honesty i have found them all to be quite awful. Make no mistake about it if you are HiFi inclined (i'm sure there will be many who dispute this) then buy a seperate amp, a £2000 A.V amp can be out-performed by an £800 HiFi amp. I speak from unequivacable experience.

Regards

SteveEX