• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 1713 vs onkyo 509

ewizzy

Prominent Member
I have an onkyo tx-nr509 and am looking to upgrade. I think I would like a denon,
Question I have is: would the denon 1713 be an upgrade or a sideways move? Would I need to move up to the denon 2113 to get a worthwhile upgrade?
Speakers are: kef cresta 30 floor standers, gale 10 centre, kef egg rears and DIY 15" sub with an nu3000dsp amp powering it.

Thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
To be honest neither is going to give a massive improvement over your current receiver. In fact you may be better to buy matching front speakers instead of a new receiver.

ewizzy

Prominent Member
That's definitely something I'll be looking at in the near future.
It was more the audessy multi xt component of the denon amps that I was interested in. The 2eq of the onkyo amp isn't that great, and doesn't integrate the sub in its calculations. Although, I do have an antimode for the sub calibration duties.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you have an antimode then I would suggest that this will do at least an equally good job if not better at sorting the sub out. So not sure you will gain much with the XT to be honest. I still feel sorting out your front 3 speakers first will be a better option.

ewizzy

Prominent Member
Thank you very much for your advice! I shall save the cash and put it toward a better l c r speaker set then :)

Thanks again

Alex

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom