• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Denon 1710/1910 - views?

sjl

Standard Member
I have the 1710 with the MR firmware and I have to say its fantastic.

Running it through a Denon 3803 to my Panny PW6 in component and it looks the nuts.

Not had a disc freeze or seen any macroblocking.

Hasnt failed to play any of my backup discs(even one that I accidentally burnt at 16x :blush:)

My previous player (a Sony which cost me 400 quid) isnt a patch on the Denon .

Regards

Steve

neal666

i am in the market for one of the 1910 but have had mixed reviews about it. does anyone have one with a panny pw7 did you get any macroblocking??? please post your reviews and other problems?

R

relaxed

I have a 1710,

On component progressive into a LCD it really does the business, no blocking or artifacts and it is a lot on my set up than the 575, which strobes a little (not enough to worry about, but its there)

Look at the quality of the vidoe DAC in the 1710 its a 12bit device and has a 24 bit audio DAC. Many many more pricer players do not have such quality DACs. The Denon does not have many bells and whistles though.

I bought it because I am saving for a high quality HDMI player, as I have TV with good de interlacing buying a cheaper HDMI player might degrade my picture. therefor the Denon is turning into a great stop gap...

M

mojomanic

I have a 1910 hooked up to a 4805 pj using the DVI connection. Picture quality is superb with no macroblocking or any other problems, its also multiregion.

trent steel

I have a 1910 which I connect to pw7 using the component board and the picture is fantastic,:thumbsup:
Anybody know if the picture would be better using the DVI or HDMI boards ?
Looking at the lush green scenery in the film , Thin red line i would think the difference would be slight :

S

Simon James

trent steel said:
I have a 1910 which I connect to pw7 using the component board and the picture is fantastic,:thumbsup:
Anybody know if the picture would be better using the DVI or HDMI boards ?
Looking at the lush green scenery in the film , Thin red line i would think the difference would be slight :

Thanks. This will be my set up, already have the PW7 and an amp. Now convinced 1910 is the way to go DVD wise.....just gotta sort out the best component cables. :)

S

Simon James

OK. Thanks. Looking at the Panny S97 now as well.... :) Hell, its never ending.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom