Denon 1610 pre-out?

johnsto34

Standard Member
Hello again,

Ive been looking at the differences between the Sony STR-DH800 and the Denon AVR 1610. I'm aware of most of them but i seen on the back the Sony simply uses the 2 spare channels for surround back when using 5.1 instead of 7.1 however the Denon has two phono sockets next to the sub connection called SURR.BACK/Front Height.

Could i use this "SURR.BACK/Front Height" as a pre-out to another stereo amplifier?

Cheers

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
No mate. The Denon 1610 doesnt have pre outs to connect with another amplifier i'm afraid. The conenctions you refer to are to power either 'rear' or 'height' channels and not another amp.

Cheers

Saf

johnsto34

Standard Member
No mate. The Denon 1610 doesnt have pre outs to connect with another amplifier i'm afraid. The conenctions you refer to are to power either 'rear' or 'height' channels and not another amp.

Cheers

Saf

Whats the purpose of the "front height" phono sockets then?

johnsto34

Standard Member
The Denon 1610 has a sound mode called Dolby Prologic IIz. What this means is that if you add two more speakers to the fronts (4 in total running parrarel to eachother) then you have an added sense of 'height' when watching movies/playing games adding depth/space.

Cheers

Saf

Edit: check this link for more info

Dolby - What is Dolby Pro Logic IIz?

Oh that sounds special. Cheers for clearing that up mate. I guess its the Sony DH800 for me then

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom