Denon 1603 or Yamaha RXV530

J

Jon B

Has anyone tested or read any reviews on these two receivers? I'm looking to buy my first DD amp (I've only got a cheap - £35- old Sherwood R125 Pro-Logic receiver currently) and I'm considering the Denon AVR1603 or the Yamaha RXV530, as I've seen them both for about £250. Are these likely to any good as a first step in a small room with a Tosh Sd100 player and Mission M73/M7c etc speakers?

Thanks.

I have the yamaha 530 at home it is very capable and the sound it fantastic, especially compared to the Sherwood 6108 I had before, (for about two weeks!).
It runs my eltax speakers with no problems and I demoed this at Richer Sounds against a Denon 1802 and found the sound if the Yamaha better and brighter......also past the missus test....believe me not easy!!!!!

I don't think you will go far wrong with either of these two receivers.

I had the same problem last year and opted for the Yamaha RXV596 as opposed to a Denon 1801.

The Yamaha performs wonderfully in both 5.1 DD/DTS and well enough for my modest requirements in stereo (with my m73s).

Probably comes down to personal preference as to looks (I don't personally like the way the front AV connections 'hang down' from the latest generation of Yamaha amps):)

Does anyone know whether the Denon 1603 is available yet?
I see it is listed on Unbeatable for £220 but it states it will be sent in 7-14 days, I have emailed them to confirm the date of release...

Sound & Vision told me that they had the 1603 in-stock - available for £235 delivered

Jon

Rang Sound and Vision today, apparently they do have them in stock but the price is now £250 !
They must have 'bumped' up the price because of the number of calls they have received following this post !!!

I filled in their price match thing on their website with details of the Unbeatable advert and £235 is what they came back to me with - may be they have "adjusted" the price since!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom