Denon 1603 or 1803

J

jock2

Help please
I am about to purchase my first AVR Can someone please tell me without getting to technical as I am just a novice what the main differances are between the Denon 1603 and the 1803? I will mainly be using it to play cds to begin with. Is the Denon ok for music? Can someone recommend a 5.1 speaker system for around £200 (or cheaper) I do not have a large room so I am looking for sats and sub

If your using it for mainly CD playback then i would reccommend the Marantz 4200 as they have the best reputation for stereo playback. And they can be had for £199 at Richer Sounds which i think is an excellent price.
Dont be put off because its so cheap though, there just reduced as the x300 series is around the corner.

Shaun

The 1603 has 5.1 sound, dobly digital and DTS and Pro-logic 2.

The 1803 does all the above plus 6.1 sound, DTS-EX matrix and descreet, and Dolby digital Ex, basically it adds a back surround speaker.

For full specs go to here click news and then Consumer products.

Out of the two I would go for the 1803, not just because I have one on order but it should be fairly safe for being up to date in all the sound formats.

The Marantz is known to be good for CD playback but I believe it only has 5.1 sound, it just depends what you want at the end of the day.

The 1803 is £300 at www.unbeatable.co.uk

A friend of mine is considering the 1802 from Richersounds [at IIRC £250], but would the 1603 be better?

in reply to your friend getting the 1802, from richer sounds , make sure it is the model that has had the newer dolby chipset put in as this model had a fault[contact denon for details]richer sounds should be aware of this! i dealt with denon personaly, they picked the amp up on the monday, and i had it back friday!

Originally posted by clonetrooper 41
in reply to your friend getting the 1802, from richer sounds , make sure it is the model that has had the newer dolby chipset put in as this model had a fault[contact denon for details]richer sounds should be aware of this! i dealt with denon personaly, they picked the amp up on the monday, and i had it back friday!
Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on!

i forgot to mention that, for the price. the 1802 is good value, it doesn,t have 6.1 etc, but its 5.1 is really good[well ithink it is]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom